Thursday 2 July 2015

My Favourite Brushes

Hi Lovelies!


This post contains information on my top favourite brushes! I thought i'd let you know what i'm loving in terms of brushes at the minute and why I love them so much. I hope you enjoy.


SO LET'S GET INTO IT...in no particular order

Real Techniques Multi-Task brush


I think i'll start by telling you that I LOVE Real Techniques brushes...along with the creators Sam and Nic from the YouTube channel Pixiwoo who also have a blog. I don't love these brushes just for that reason but I find that these brushes are super soft, and they wash so easily...they don't misshapen or lose hair, they're the perfect brush at a reasonable price if you ask me. ANYWAYS, back to the multi-task brush. It's brilliant for multiple purposes (as the name would suggest) depending on my mood, i'll either use it for blush, or for bronzer, or even with a setting powder. This makes it perfect for travel; you've got one brush that can do it all.

Real Techniques Base Shadow brush


This brush is amazing for blending out colour due to its tapered end and fluffy bristles. I use it to apply colour in the crease of my eye, as well as blending out the colours that meet in the crease of my eye. If you then wipe the brush off well, you can use it to blend the crease colour you've used so there are no harsh lines. Therefore this is another one of those brushes that can do so many things. You could do a full on smokey eye (pretty much) with just this brush and your fingertips.

Real Techniques Contour brush


As the name would suggest it's great for contour. But alternatively I prefer this brush for highlight. This brush tapers at the end making it a great size for sweeping highlight along the top of the cheekbone, down the bridge of the nose and dabbing it on the cupids bow. 

Real Techniques Sculpting brush


Again as the name advocates this brush is brilliant for contour/sculpting. I think the slant to this brush makes it perfect for applying contour. I pick up a bit of product on the smaller bristles and allow the longer bristles to help blend it out. This way I don't end up looking like I just painted a line on my face, and more like I have a natural shadow there.


Mac 210 brush


This is a Mac pencil brush. It's wonderful at smoking out the lower lash line. I find that this brush is neither too thin or too thick, which is a bonus for work on the lower lash line. Due to the sturdy but soft hair I find that the 210 is also great for creating a cut-crease look.

Mac 217 brush


This brush is a life saver when it comes to blending and putting transition colours in the crease. I use it everyday without fail. The hair is soft too so I find that it's not scratchy on the eyes like some blending brushes can be.

Real Techniques Expert Face brush and Buffing brush


I use both of these for my foundation. I've included them both because I use them equally and honestly, picking the better one between them is impossible. They both blend in foundation so seamlessly.

Real Techniques Bold Metals brush in 300


This brush is great for blush. I find that the brush is dense enough to apply product directly where I need it, but also not too dense, meaning it doesn't apply too much product.

Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour brush


I like this brush for setting my under-eye concealer. As it's a duo-fiber brush it picks up less product meaning I don't cake the setting powder on underneath my eyes making me look older. It's also small enough to fit underneath the eyes nicely.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge


This sponge is awesome for concealer. I find it's great wet and dry. A sponge like this is great in anyones collection because it can fix any problem!


That completes my favourite brushes!
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments :)

Thank you for reading my blog. Please subscribe and don't forget to check out my Twitter @astutebeautycon and my Instagram @astutebeautyconnoisseur
Love,
        Astute Beauty Connoisseur x

No comments:

Post a Comment