Saturday 27 June 2015

My Skincare Routine

Hi Lovelies!



I'm going to share with you My Skincare Routine today! Along with some extra little pamper things I like to do from time to time...I hope you enjoy it :)

I'm going to start this Skincare post with a little bit of information about my skin. I have oily/combination skin, but it's also very sensitive. I get a facial once a month, the place I go to is very small and is very much a village salon. The women there are lovely and not only that, they also provide great beauty treatments (bonus, right?). I frequently get pedicures, manicures and massages.

So, the woman who does my facial and massage treatments uses a brand called OLOS. The brand is pricey, but in my opinion well worth the splurge. I'll go into more detail on this later in the blog. However I did just want to mention here at the start that I think it is important that we treat ourselves to facials as often as possible, they are great for a multitude of reasons as well as often revealing things about your skin that you may not have known before.

NOW LET'S GET INTO IT...

The first thing I do in the evening is remove any surface grease and makeup.


I use these type of products at night mainly to take off my eye makeup. The ones in this picture are the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (which is my favourite), the other one is a Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover, this came as part of a gift set that I received, so I use it on occasion to ensure it doesn't go to waste. It is nice though, it removes the makeup effectively and is great for sensitive skins, but I feel like it leaves a residue on the skin, which i'm not too fond of.

The next thing I use is a makeup removing wipe.


I use this at night to take the makeup off my face, simply because I prefer it...I know, i'm high maintenance. These are the Yes to Cucumber Soothing Facial Cloths. I like these because they smell nice and don't burn my skin like some face wipes can.

Thirdly I use a scrub.


I like to use a scrub because I feel like it is really getting into the skin and giving it a DEEP clean. I also like scrubs because I feel like they really open up the pores on my face, meaning that the next cleanser I use can really get into my skin. The scrub I have used for about 4 years now is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore & Shine Daily Scrub. I use this on both the morning and the evening and I love it, the smell isn't great but it's perfect to use everyday on my sensitive skin whilst still being effective.

The next product I use is a cleanser.


This is the OLOS cleansing milk in Frutti Di Bosco, I bought this on recommendation from my beautician. She said it's great for young and sensitive skins...which is what I have. I've been using this cleanser religiously now for nearly 4 months and I have to say I've seen a HUGE difference in my skin, I DEFINITELY have less breakouts, in fact, I rarely have breakouts anymore, and my skin looks so much happier and healthier. I'm not sure how available this brand is to everyone, which is a shame, but I get it from my beautician, who orders it in to her salon for me, so perhaps you'd be able to do the same.

Next is a toner.


Again this is an OLOS toner in the Frutti Di Bosco range that I get from my beautician...I like it a lot! I really believe that the combination of products i'm using from OLOS have really helped to rejuvenate my skin.

The third and final OLOS product that I use in the Frutti Di Bosco range is a moisturizer.


I like this moisturizer a lot because it is not thick at all, which is great for my oily skin. Because of the thin consistency of the moisturizer, I find it sits really well underneath my makeup too - Great!

I'm still very young, but nonetheless I want to prevent signs of ageing for as long as possible, so the next step in my skincare routine is an eye cream...or rather eye gel.


I like this Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel from The Body Shop. It's cooling under the eyes, which I think helps with any puffiness. Not only that but it sinks into the skin super quickly, making it perfect for wear underneath makeup.

Lastly for my main day and night skincare routine is a lip lam.


I'm currently using this shea lip butter from The Body Shop, but I regularly change my lip balm. This just happens to be the one i'm using at the moment.

NOW FOR THE PRODUCTS THAT I USE FROM TIME TO TIME...

Firstly is this spot treatment.


I use a spot cream for any annoying or inconvenient spots. I like this Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream because it's fast acting. Within 4 hours the spot size is visibly reduced and it definitely reduces the redness.

On occasion my skin does start to feel quite dehydrated, and on occasion - normally around my time of the month if you know what I mean - I get a few dry patches on my face. To help counteract that I use this Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask from The Body Shop.


 I've only used it on a handful of occasions so I can't really say much about it, but from what I have used, I think it's a great for giving your skin the moisture it requires, and it does that without making your skin too oily!

That concludes my morning and evening skincare routine. I hope it is some what helpful for some of you, or maybe you found some of my thoughts on different products helpful.

Thank you for reading my blog. Please subscribe and don't forget to check out my Twitter @astutebeautycon and my Instagram @astutebeautyconnoisseur
Love,
        Astute Beauty Connoisseur x

No comments:

Post a Comment