Saturday 13 June 2015

How to/Ways to Wear Bright Eyeshadows and Eyeliners for Summer!

Hi Lovelies!

Today i'm going to show you how to wear colour on your eyes in a subtle but classy way. The looks i've created are great for everyday because there's no smokey eye type of thing. Of course if you want to wear a smokey eye everyday, I have no judgements, you do you! This post is more for beginners, those in need of advice and for people who are shy of wearing colour.
Summer is just round the corner, and all the summer time festivals are fast approaching, this means it's the perfect time to start playing with colour on your eyes. It's going to be a huge trend this summer!


Look #1
Just put a coloured eyeliner in your lower waterline...
Here i've put a purple colour in my waterline in the photo on the left. The eyeliner I used for this is Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in 013 Purple. In the photo on the right i've put a green colour, I used Rimmel Soft Kohl liner in 031 Jungle Green.

This is perfect for a soft and subtle bit of colour...it's a great way to brake yourself into wearing colour because it really is hardly noticeable.


Look #2
Pop a bit of colour around the tear duct...
In this look i've used coloured eyeshadows that have been dampened with a bit of mac fix+ to make them more vibrant. If you don't want the colour to be this 'stand out-y' then don't dampen the eyeshadow...use it dry.

I used colours from the Soap and Glory Lid Stuff palette called 'Off the Wall Flowers'. The photo on the left shows the colour 'Sugar Violet' and the photo on the right shows the colour 'Wild Blue'.
This look is definitely for the more confident, it's a great way of incorporating colour into your eye look without really having to put much thought or effort into it.

QUICK TIP: If you're going to dampen your brush for use with eyeshadow, only use half the pan of eyeshadow as sometimes a damp brush can cause the eyeshadow to seal over, making it hard to get any pigment out of it.


Look #3
Create a winged liner with either eyeliner or eyeshadow...
Here i've used an angled brush to take some product off an eyeliner pencil to make a sharp winged liner. On the left i've used the same purple eyeliner as before...Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in 013 Purple. In the photo on the right I used Rimmel Special Eyes liner in the colour 121 Azure Shimmer.

This look is for my winged liner lovers...I have to say, I think this is my favourite look as well (despite my boyfriend liking the colour around the tear duct...Look #2.)

You can use the same technique of using an angled brush or any type of liner brush, (whichever is your favourite) and some eyeshadow to create a colourful winged liner.


MORE INFO:
In case you're wondering what is on my lid and lashes throughout these looks i'll list it below;

In my crease is Mac Wedge eyeshadow
In the outer C of my eye is Mac Brown Down eyeshadow
On my lid is Mac Vanilla Pigment (dry)
I smudged a tiny bit of Mac Carbon eyeshadow on my lower lash line too
On my eyelashes is L'oreal False Lash Superstar Mascara


Thank you so much for reading! Please subscribe and don't forget to check out my Twitter @astutebeautycon and my Instagram @astutebeautyconnoisseur

QUESTION: Please let me know if your going on holiday this year and where you are going? I'm not doing anything big this year...just heading to York for a few days with my boyfriend in July.


Love,
        Astute Beauty Connoisseur x

No comments:

Post a Comment