Wednesday 17 June 2015

REVIEW: Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation

Hi Lovelies!

Today I've come to talk about the new Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation. Recently I picked it up in Debenhams and thought where's the harm in bringing you guys a review so you can see what my opinion of it is. If you've tried it, please let me know what you think of it in the comments below...I'd love to hear your thoughts!

LET'S GET INTO THE NITTY GRITTY

When you first open the lid...

...You see a sponge, and a wonderful big mirror, immediately you know this foundation is going to be perfect for travelling with and carrying in your handbag. Am I right?

Getting to the actual foundation...

...The shelf that the sponge applicator sits in flips over to reveal another sponge, and this sponge is more like the type of sponge you'd use to wash your car with on the visible spectrum. However once touched the sponge is very soft, and cleverly dispenses the perfect amount of product.

SO...My thoughts on the packaging? - It's brilliant, the packaging really does make it perfect for slinging it in your handbag, you've got everything you need; the product, a mirror and something to apply the product with! On the other hand though, it is quite unhygienic as you are repeatedly placing a sponge that has been on your face back into the product. This can lead to the growth of bacteria which can potentially cause spots. I have to say though, I have not experienced any sort of break out due to this foundation. Also, if this sort of thing bothers you, you can easily use those disposable sponges that you can get anywhere for a cheap-ass price.

How I apply it...

...I take the sponge that the foundation comes with and firmly press it into the foundation. I apply this on my face by rolling the sponge from the centre of my face to the outside of my face. I find that to do my entire face, I have to re-saturate my sponge at least twice.

The results...

...The colour matches me perfectly, which is hard to find because i'm so pale (I got the colour 01 Pure Porcelaine). As for the finish, it really is beautiful, it looks like skin...it doesn't sit on top of my face making it obvious that I have foundation on. Coverage?...I'd say it's a light to medium coverage - but personally I feel that's perfect for everyday, it is buildable to give a good medium coverage. As the packaging says it's a "fresh dewy hydration" - i'd say this perfectly describes it! Since I have an oily skin I have to set this foundation with a bit of powder, otherwise it has no chance of lasting on me.

How'd it last?...

On my skin, I found that the dewiness turned into looking oily after about 3-4 hours, this meant that I had to blot or re-powder. To me, this was no issue as I have an oily skin, so I have no expectation to not have to blot at some point in the day. The foundation continued to look like skin for the entirety of the day and lasted quite a few hours on my skin.

The verdict...

...I think this foundation is perfect for those of you with a dry to normal skin. It looks like skin and gives you a healthy glow. I have quite a few scars on my face, and this foundation doesn't quite cover them, so for me, i'd say this is a 'good skin day' type of foundation. You know what I mean?...You wear it when your skin is good ha-ha. Overall though, I do like this foundation and i'd definitely go as far to say it's a good foundation to keep in your collection.


Sorry for the lengthy post, but I had a lot of things that I wanted to make sure I got into it! I know there's not a lot of photos and sorry for that. I'd love to show you photos of how the foundation actually looks on my face, but i'm not quite confident enough to share my face with the internet yet. Bare with me though, i'm sure the confidence will come with time.

Thank you for reading and sticking around for this long. Please subscribe and don't forget to check out my Twitter @astutebeautycon and my Instagram @astutebeautyconnoisseur
Love,
        Astute Beauty Connoisseur x







No comments:

Post a Comment