Tuesday 9 June 2015

Urban Decay Summer Collection : Review

Hi Lovelies!


This weeks post is about the Urban Decay summer collection. I'm going to share with you my thoughts on it so you can decide whether or not the products are worth your time and money. Sound good?

Lets get started straight away shall we?

EYESHADOW

The first product i'm going to talk about is the eyeshadow. I picked up the colour 'Fireball' it's such a unique duochrome colour which is what attracted it to me in the first place, in one light it seems to be a peach colour, and in another light it seems to be a lilac colour! How magnificent is that? 
There are only a few new eyeshadows that have come out in Urban Decay's summer collection and most of them are duochrome and have a sheen finish. There was only one colour that was a matte finish when I was checking out the summer collection, it was a muddy brown colour.


ANYWAYS...my thoughts? The colour is GORGEOUS, i've never seen anything like it before. As for texture it's super velvety and easy to apply as well as being highly pigmented. My only fault with it, is it seemed to apply almost patchy, i'm not sure if it's due to the type of eyeshadow it is, because it's duochrome, and this may be what caused it to look slightly uneven on the lid or what? On the other hand though, this is easy to look past and was only visible under deep inspection. The eyeshadow also creased on my slightly oily eyelids after about 4 hours, however once I used primer, this no longer occurred and the shadow remained intact for the whole day.  Overall, the eyeshadow isn't the best thing in the collection, but it certainly isn't bad by any means.

LIPGLOSS

The next product i'm going to talk about it the Revolution High-Color Lipgloss, I bought the colour 'Quiver' (there's a rather sexual theme running throughout the names of Urban Decay products) moving on...Quiver is a beautiful fuchsia pink. I have to say I love the packaging of this lipgloss, it's sleek and looks extravagant. The applicator wand is brilliant as it tapers to a point at the end making it super easy to get a smooth lip line without the use of lip liner. It also picks up the perfect amount of product, no need to go back for more or wipe off any excess, which is always a bonus, right? To conclude the overall packaging and applicator makes this lipgloss perfect for quick application and a great 'throw in the handbag' lipgloss.

As for the formula, it's alright, i've tried other glosses that are less sticky, but they are much more expensive. It's not too sticky where you get those horrible stringy lines between your lips, you know what I mean don't you? But, it is ever so slightly tacky (I think tacky is the best word to describe the texture). The pigment is spot on, highly pigmented and true to colour. Also, it wears away nicely, it stays on for quite a long period of time anyways and as it wears away it remains to be even, not blotchy. Overall, I do really like the lipgloss.

BLUSH

The last product i'm going to talk about is the Afterglow Blush, I got the colour 'Fetish' which is a mauve-y pink colour and is very velvety. On the back of the blush it says '8-hour powder blush' and I believe it stands by this. After having worn my makeup all day long I can still see my blush colour on my cheeks with no touch-ups nor the need for a touch-up. This blush is highly pigmented, you only need to dab your brush once into the blush for a perfect amount of colour, due to its velvety texture it blends onto the cheek really smoothly and evenly. I have to say, my favourite thing in Urban Decay's summer collection is the Afterglow Blush!!

Thank you for reading my blog! Please subscribe and don't forget to check out my Twitter @astutebeautycon and Instagram @astutebeautyconnoisseur

Love,
        Astute Beauty Connoisseur x









No comments:

Post a Comment